Saturday 21 July 2007

I have BIG news!

I just had to share!

There is a new scrap store just up the road from me. For all you locals it's Heaven Scent on Dorset Road in Croydon South. It used to be a VERY small store in Kilsyth - Clair you may know it.

Anyway, a friend of mine spotted it and told me she was going there last week, so I asked her to put a good word in to the owner about my work and teaching. She did that for me and the owner told her to send me in with some of my work to show her.

So anyway, I went in yesterday afternoon and showed her about 15 layouts. She said they were all completely different to the other teachers work, so she wanted me. She asked me to come back last night to chat with her more about it.

So off I trotted last night and we chatted some more. It ended that I will be teaching every second Friday night. Next month I am teaching 3 classes there. I had the freedom to grab anything I wanted in the shop to use for the sample, all free of charge. It's just that the samples are not my property when finished, they will belong to the shop and be up on display to promote products. But that's cool with me.

So, this is what I am doing. First class will be a simple layout teaching covering chipboard and distressing the edges. I can't believe the other teacher hasn't already done this! Second class is a daisy flower mini book. Third class is a altered clipboard. I have plenty more that she wants me to do though, but I will let you know about those closer to the time.

So for all you locals... drop in to the shop. It's small at the moment cos she only just moved form a tiny shop, but will be expanding. Once my classes are finalised I will post the details on here again.

In other news... it's my 6 years anniversary today! Happy Anniversary Israel! Love you lots babe!
He gave me a little cupcake case filled with candy and a frame with a beautiful poam and a nice pic in it. I will scan it to show off later.
I haven't given him anything! *BLUSH*

I really should go now though... will be back later!

2 comments:

Sam said...

Hi Dannii,

I found your blog through Bon's

Congrats on the teaching possie.
I went past the Kilsyth store the other week and saw it had closed down, great news that she has just moved :-D

Sarah said...

Congrats chickie!!!! xxx